Wednesday, July 8, 2009

SVN issue using Ubuntu 9.04

Hello All,

I recently upgraded to Ubuntu Ver. 9.04(Jaunty Jackalope). After the upgrade, I was not able to run SVN on the command line or SVN using tools like Netbeans 6.5 Beta.

The error I was getting was

/usr/bin///usr/local/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0)

/usr/bin///usr/local/lib/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libpq.so.5)


From the error, looks like the SVN client is looking for a library in a different location.

The sequence of steps that I did to fix it is

STEP 1:
=======
sudo nano /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libc.conf

Commented the existing line /usr/local/lib and added the line /usr/lib

exit out of the editor.

STEP 2
======
sudo /sbin/ldconfig -v

Restarted command terminal or Netbeans if it is already open and it started to work automagically.

From the output of STEP 2, I'm guessing that I've made the system/OS look for libraries in a different location.

Thanks,
Sanjay.

No comments:

Post a Comment